Thursday, June 22, 2006

Big Day


How do you stop moles digging up your garden? Take away their spades!


A mama mole, a papa mole, and a baby mole all live in a little mole hole. One day the papa mole sticks his head out of the hole, sniffs the air and says,"Yum! I smell maple syrup!" The mama mole sticks her head out of the hole, sniffs the air and says "Yum! I smell honey!" The baby mole tries to stick his head out of the hole to sniff the air, but can't because the bigger moles are in the way so he says, "Geez, all I can smell is MOLASSES!"


A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.

A group of moles is called a labour. So, when they get together to celebrate, is that a labour party?

Okay, I'll stop now.

No. I don't think I get to keep the mole afterwards, though when my mum had her nose pea (we always called it a mole, but it was probably some other kind of lump) removed the doctor did ask her if she'd like it in a little jar to take home. She thinks he was joking.

2 comments:

T said...

Ahh, moles are sweet, although I don't want to see yours if you get to bring it home :P

Did you see Springwatch up there? Bill Oddie had one in his hand and they're much smaller than I expected.

Be brave young Penguin!

acrylik said...

Hope it all goes well. Why is it that doctors think you want to keep these unwanted parts of the body? Mum was offered her gall stones when she had her gall bladder taken out... ewwww.