Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Disaster Strikes!

I ran out of wool only seven inches from the last row I'm using it on for the curly whirly! Aaargh!

Obviously, I just have to go and buy some more but it's Tuesday. Not only is Wednesday my busy day (two different craft groups to attend), leaving me with only a couple of hours free time, but the Good Wool Shop has a half day on Wednesdays. I could go before my first craft group but it starts at 10, and I think that's also when the shop opens.

I'm declaring David a Hero of the Knitty Empire. He has offered to go and get the wool for me. This shop is in the opposite direction to where he's going tomorrow, but he is still willing. What a doll! I may actually take him up on that offer, especially if he is willing to buy the wool and then deliver it to me at Craft Group (which will kind of be on his way back).

If I had found the right shade of blue I could have started the next row of my scarf from the done end, and then finished off the row below when I get more wool. Except I was responsible today, and rearranged the living room instead of playing with my stash.

And yes, it is ten to six in the morning, and no, I haven't been to sleep. I went to bed but after ninety minutes of sleeplessness I gave up. Instead I've surfed randomly, signed up for NaNoWriMo and written my first 1346 words. And written this entry, of course. If I had found the right shade of blue I could have started the next row of my scarf from the done end, and then finished off the row below when I get more wool.

1 comment:

KnitYoga said...

Hi Lindsey,
Really looking forward to seeing your Cadbury's Creme Egg Wrapper Curly Whirly when it's finished! :-)
Hazel