Sunday, October 30, 2005

Curly Whirly Craze Hits Town

I only had two and half hours of yarning today, partly because David was here but mainly because I stayed up too late last night, thus spent too much of today asleep. Yesterday I knitted a red & black baby booty, and I had intended to make it's sibling today. However, as David was present I went for something more automatic and started my first curly whirly scarf.

I am using the red/blue/yellow DK, and it reminds of a Cadburys Creme Egg wrapper. I reckon I'm about halfway through the scarf and not quite halfway through the ball of wool. The wool is easy to work with though there have been a couple of faults - one minor & one major. The major fault was about 2cm of loose spinning, and the minor fault was a small catch, which may have been caused in transit. When crocheted up neither fault showed, so that's okay.

It is coming out as a tight corkscrew. I'm thinking that on the next row I shall space out the increases instead of increasing in every stitch, just to see what happens. After all, I don't like it I can just rip back. No harm, no foul.

I showed David my first post here, and he complained about it. He said that I made him sound mean. Well, just to set the record straight, David is never mean about my wool obsession, just long-suffering.

No comments: