Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Snigger ...

I was in the chemists today. There was a man seeking advice from the assistant. He was talking very quietly and the assistant wasn't.

"mumble mumble mumble" he says

"IS IT JUST DIARRHEA?"
"mumble"
"IS IT JUST DIARRHEA OR ARE YOU VOMITING AS WELL?"
"mumble"
"WELL, THERE ARE DIARRHEA REMEDIES BUT IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU'VE JUST GOT DIARRHEA OR OTHER THINGS AS WELL."

This conversation went on for several minutes, with the assistant mentioning DIARRHEA in 98% of her sentences. I had been standing next to him at the counter but I moved away "to browse" after the first D-word. Someone else then came in, stood next to him, got caught by the D-word, and did that embarrassed shuffle thing.

The assistant's normal tone is pretty loud but I'm not sure if it's always that loud. Maybe That Word has a special echo effect or something.

Dave asked me if I laughed. Nope. There wasn't even a twitch of my lips. I savoured the experience internally. Course, I laughed my socks off when I was telling Dave.

2 comments:

Rain said...

The poor sod must have been mortified. I'm less subtle than you, I'd have hid behind some shelves laughing like mad.

Anonymous said...

At least he wasn't buying cream for 'jock itch'.